What to see in Mauritius:
- The Black River Gorges National Park is a protected natural area located in the southwest of Mauritius.
- The Pamplemousses gardens are the most famous botanical gardens of Mauritius, located in the Pamplemousses district in the north of the island.
- Ganga Talao is a volcanic lake located about 2 km east of the town of Le Pétrin, in a remote mountainous area in the Savanne district, within the island of Mauritius.
- Trou aux Cerfs is a dormant volcano with a well-defined cone and crater. It is 605 m high and located in Curepipe.
- The Tamarind Falls or Tamarin Falls are a scenic attraction of southwest Mauritius. They are a series of seven cataracts located on the Rivière Tamarin, two kilometers northwest of the large lake Mare aux Vacoas.